As the sole developer, I built the backend and front-end of BrandingBusiness.com from scratch using the Umbraco CMS, ASP.NET MVC, Bootstrap, and jQuery. Some of the more interesting aspects:
- The images are retina ready and resize on the server for each responsive breakpoint (mobile, tablet, desktop).
- Output caching is used on all pages along with an intelligent cache-busting algorithm. Content is up to date while pages are rendered nearly instantly.
- The Less CSS preprocessor was used to help organize the CSS for better maintainability.
- There are four distinct searches (global, blog, interview, and resource searches).
- All forms are submitted with AJAX, and the client is able to configure workflows to handle submissions in custom ways (e.g., email notifications, Salesforce integration, and ExactTarget integration).
- The codebase was architected with maintainability in mind. Dependency injection is heavily utilized to allow for swappable repositories (useful to develop without dependencies on an external database or to add unit testing later).
- The deployment model used makes it easy for future developers to make rapid changes without fear of prematurely modifying the production server.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8